How can we help?
< All Topics

How Do I Know What Type Of Roof Or Loft I Have?

Truss Loft – If your property was built around the 1970s or after it is more than likely you will have a trussed loft. These are the thin V shaped timbers that support your floor joists and rafter chords.

Purlin Roof – If your property was built before the 1970s you will either have a purlin roof or a cut roof. Purlins are the thick beams that run length ways in your loft.

Cut Roof – A cut roof is similar to a truss loft, these are thin V shaped timber beams which are spaced further apart compared to your modern day truss loft. whereas your rafters and joists and spaced more closely together.


Table of Contents